A Birley Club
In 2018, Annabel’s opened the doors to its much-anticipated new home, a Grade I listed Georgian mansion house at 46 Berkeley Square. For the first time, Annabel’s now offers an all-day and all-night experience, set across 26,000 square feet, for Members to work, dine and entertain.
The original Annabel's opened in 1963 at 44 Berkeley Square. Over five decades The Club has earned a global reputation founded on superb service, exclusive ambience, first-class cuisine and unparalleled entertainment.
Annabel’s encourages individuality and fabulous party dressing. The Club's Dress Code does not wish to be binding or overly prescriptive, however we do politely ask our Members and their guests to dress for the occasion and be respectful in their choice of smart attire.
Sneakers are permitted, though flip-flops, shorts, gym wear, sportswear, ripped jeans, baseball caps, hooded jumpers, beachwear, crop tops, fleeces, visible underwear and revealing outfits are not. After 6pm Gentlemen are required to wear jackets. Please note that there are only a very limited amount of spares in The Cloakroom so please try and ensure you and your guests come prepared!
Dogs are most welcome on the Ground Floor of The Club until 6pm throughout the week, as long as they are accompanied by their Owner.
Dogs are not allowed on the furniture. Members can contact Reception upon arrival for further information regarding The Club’s Dog Walker.
Club Rules in Brief
- Respect The Club as if it were your home
- Photography is only permitted in the Loos, Private Dining Rooms, and at select parties and events, for which we will notify Members when it is permitted to do so. Members should refrain from taking photos anywhere else in The Club and are reminded when taking photos in the Loos to be respectful of the furniture and Club dress code!
- Posting to social media should be discreet and should not involve or feature other Members and their guests inside The Club. Members of the team should not become personal photographers.
- The Club is both a place of relaxation and business, so please always be considerate of Members indulging in either pursuit
- Mobile telephones must be kept on silent
- Speaking on the telephone and the use of laptops is permitted in The Mexican, The Elephant Bar and The Garden Bar during the day until 6pm. Members can also use phones in the staircases and reception.
- Members are encouraged to dress for the occasion and be respectful in their choice of attire
- Sneakers are permitted, though flip-flops, shorts, gym wear, sportswear, ripped jeans, baseball caps, hooded jumpers, beachwear, crop tops, fleeces, visible underwear and revealing outfits are not. After 6pm Gentlemen are required to wear jackets.
- We would like to remind Members that smoking is only permitted in the designated Smoking Areas in The Club - The External Snugs and The Terrace, as well as The Humidor for those who prefer to smoke cigars. Please note that Annabel’s is an IQOS friendly Club and IQOS heated tobacco devices as well as HEETS may be purchased and used in all Bars located within the Club – just ask a member of the team for details
- Always ensure that your guests (and your pet dog, if it accompanies you) behave appropriately – they remain your responsibility
- Dogs are only allowed on the Ground Floor, daily until 6pm and are not allowed on the furniture
- Children under the age of 18 are allowed in The Club on weekends until 6pm
- Members are welcome to bring three guests to The Club without a reservation and are reminded to present their Membership card on entering The Club
- We want all of our Members to enjoy and feel comfortable when dining in The club. In order to maintain an elegant ambience, we ask that Members are accompanied by a mixed group of guests, aligned with the atmosphere of The Club
- Members are reminded to stay with their guests throughout their visit and must not leave guests unattended in The Club, around The Club, or at The Club after you leave
- Valet parking is not available for the time being
- Bills cannot be signed to your membership account and must be settled on the day
- Members please notify the Maitre'D if you decide to change your dining destination upon arriving at The Club. This is so that your original booking can be cancelled and a new reservation can be made for you.
For the Club's Rules & Byelaws, please click here
CCTV AT ANNABEL'S
All Birley Clubs premises are closely monitored using CCTV for the safety and security of our members and their guests, and our servants and agents of The Club.
Following his most recent role as Director of Operations of Sushi Samba at the Heron Tower in London, Hadi joined Annabel’s in April 2018. Hadi has previously worked at Marcus Wearing's Petrus, Gordon Ramsay's Maze, as well as Pont de la Tour and Launceston Place.
An Alain Ducasse protégée, having been Executive Sous Chef at Bar&Boeuf, Monaco, from 2002-2005 and later Executive Chef at Adour Alain Ducasse St. Regis Hotel in Washington D.C., Julien has since used his culinary skills to travel the world. He has worked in Las Vegas, Singapore and most recently at Le Bilboquet in New York.
Canadian-born Ryan hit the London scene in 2012, working first at the Michelin starred L’Atelier de Joel Rubochon before joining Oblix at The Shard in 2013, where he became Head Chef. Ryan joined Annabel’s in 2017.
As the former Head Chef of Mexico’s most internationally celebrated restaurant; Pujol, Chef Coko joined Annabel’s as Head Chef of The Mexican where his focus is on creating new and interesting dishes, based on Mexico’s plethora of exceptional ingredients that complement the culinary culture of The Club. The restaurant’s menu is rooted in Mexican flavours and traditions, providing fresh, light and fragrant dishes with an emphasis on colour and simplicity.
Clément Robert started his wine career from an early age, attending the catering school in Le Touquet. At the age of 18 he moved to Angers to take his sommelier degree. After a spell as trainee Sommelier at a Michelin starred restaurant in the Loire, Clément moved to England in 2006 where he became Assistant Head Sommelier of the Hotel Du Vin Brighton, and then Head Sommelier of the Hotel Du Vin Cambridge. In 2009, he joined Summer Lodge Hotel as Assistant Sommelier to Eric Zwiebel MS and won the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs’ International Young Sommelier of the Year competition, before being named UK Sommelier of the Year in 2013. After working for nearly 5 years as Head Sommelier for Medlar restaurant in Chelsea, In 2015 he took charge of the wine buying for Texture group. Clément passed his MS in 2015.
Luis joined Annabel's in 2017 straight from his role as opening Bar Concept Director at The Chiltern Firehouse. Prior to that he was Bar and Lounge Manager at The Ritz Hotel.
Award-winning cocktail maestro Frankie arrived in London in 2007, aged 19. By the age of 25 he was working at The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz, making him the youngest ever Bar Manager since the hotel opened in 1906. Portuguese-born Santos joined Annabel's in 2017 from The Chiltern Firehouse, where he worked for three years concluding his time there as Beverage Director.
The original Club at 44 Berkeley Square lays claim to a distinguished heritage that rivals that of luxury establishments across the world.
The Club, founded in 1963 by Mark Birley and named after his wife, was the first of its kind, a truly private Members-only nightclub that existed for an exclusive clientele.
If you would like to register your interest in joining Annabel's, please click below