A Birley Club
This year Annabel’s has opened the doors to its much-anticipated new home, a Grade I listed Georgian mansion house at 46 Berkeley Square. For the first time, Annabel’s now offers an all-day and all-night experience, set across 26,000 square feet, for Members to work, dine and entertain.
The original Annabel's opened in 1963 at 44 Berkeley Square. Over five decades the Club has earned a global reputation founded on superb service, exclusive ambience, first-class cuisine and unparalleled entertainment.
Annabel’s encourages individuality and fabulous party dressing. The Club's Dress Code does not wish to be binding or overly prescriptive, however we do politely ask our Members and their guests to dress for the occasion and be respectful in their choice of smart attire.
Sneakers are permitted, though flip flops are not. Ripped jeans are also not allowed. After 6pm Gentlemen are required to wear jackets.
Dogs are most welcome on the Ground Floor of the Club until 6pm throughout the week, as long as they are accompanied by their Owner.
Dogs are not allowed on the furniture. Members can contact Reception upon arrival for further information regarding the Club’s Dog Walker.
Club Rules in Brief
- Respect the Club as if it were your home
- Please refrain from photography within the Club, Members are encouraged to respect the privacy of other Members
- The Club is both a place of relaxation and business, so please always be considerate of Members indulging in either pursuit
- Mobile telephones must be kept on silent
- Speaking on the telephone and the use of laptops is only permitted in the Mexican during the day until 6pm
- Members are encouraged to dress for the occasion and be respectful in their choice of attire
- Dinner reservations for more than four guests should be mixed groups of ladies and gentlemen
- Always ensure that your guests (and your pet dog, if it accompanies you) behave appropriately – they remain your responsibility
- Dogs are only allowed on the Ground Floor, daily until 6pm and are not allowed on the furniture
- Children under the age of 18 are allowed in the Club on weekends until 6pm
- Members are welcome to bring three guests to the Club without a reservation and are reminded to present their Membership card on entering the Club
- Valet parking is not available for the time being
- Bills cannot be signed to your membership account and must be settled on the day
For the Club's Rules & Byelaws, please click here
Following his most recent role as Director of Operations of Sushi Samba at the Heron Tower in London, Hadi joined Annabel’s in April 2018. Hadi has previously worked at Marcus Wearing's Petrus, Gordon Ramsay's Maze, as well as Pont de la Tour and Launceston Place.
An Alain Ducasse protégée, having been Executive Sous Chef at Bar&Boeuf, Monaco, from 2002-2005 and later Executive Chef at Adour Alain Ducasse St. Regis Hotel in Washington D.C., Julien has since used his culinary skills to travel the world. He has worked in Las Vegas, Singapore and most recently at Le Bilboquet in New York.
Canadian-born Ryan hit the London scene in 2012, working first at the Michelin starred L’Atelier de Joel Rubochon before joining Oblix at The Shard in 2013, where he became Head Chef. Ryan joined Annabel’s in 2017.
Christophe is a protégé of Alain Ducasse, tutoring and consulting at Ducasse’s renowned cookery school in Argenteuil, as well as working for the Dorchester Collection for almost ten years. He was the Executive Sous Chef at La Relais Plaza and later the Head Chef of The Grill at The Dorchester.
As the former Head Chef of Mexico’s most internationally celebrated restaurant; Pujol, Chef Coko joined Annabel’s as Head Chef of The Mexican where his focus is on creating new and interesting dishes, based on Mexico’s plethora of exceptional ingredients that complement the culinary culture of the Club. The restaurant’s menu is rooted in Mexican flavours and traditions, providing fresh, light and fragrant dishes with an emphasis on colour and simplicity.
Classically trained as a pâtissier, chocolatier and glacier, Christophe began his impressive career at fifteen and has since acquired significant experience travelling the world, with notable posts in luxury establishments including La Côte Basque in New York, as well as Las Vegas, London, Qatar, Russia, Puerto Rico, and Washington, among others. Christophe has previously served as the Executive Pastry Chef for the Alain Ducasse Global Enterprise for ten years including The Jules Verne and Plaza Athénée in Paris, before moving on to the position of Head Pastry Chef at the Wynn Palace Hotel in Macao, China – one of the largest hotel's in the world with over 2,000 rooms and thirteen restaurants.
Luis joined Annabel's in 2017 straight from his role as opening Bar Concept Director at The Chiltern Firehouse. Prior to that he was Bar and Lounge Manager at The Ritz Hotel.
In 2018 Darius was awarded the prestigious and much coveted title of ‘World Habano Sommelier Champion’ at the Festival del Habanos in Cuba. Darius is also the Director of Mark's Club and heads up the Cigar procurement for all of The Birley Clubs.
Award-winning cocktail maestro Frankie arrived in London in 2007, aged 19. By the age of 25 he was working at The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz, making him the youngest ever Bar Manager since the hotel opened in 1906. Portuguese-born Santos joined Annabel's in 2017 from The Chiltern Firehouse, where he worked for three years concluding his time there as Beverage Director.
The original Club at 44 Berkeley Square lays claim to a distinguished heritage that rivals that of luxury establishments across the world.
The Club, founded in 1963 by Mark Birley and named after his wife, was the first of its kind, a truly private Members-only nightclub that existed for an exclusive clientele.
If you would like to register your interest in joining Annabel's, please click below